Alice Cottagesleeps: 5
Family house close to beach
A very pretty, three bedroom cottage in a great location close to the beach and near all the coffee shops, delis and independent shops of Church Road. This is a real home from home and would be ideal for a family holiday or for someone who needs a place while they're here for work. Offering excellent value for money, it also has the bonus of a small enclosed garden with a little tree house and seating area. There is alos a private parking space in front of the property- a rare commodity in Brighton and Hove!
The master bedroom has a king size bed. The second bedroom has high quality zip and link beds so it can be arranged as twin beds or as a double bed. The small third bedroom has a quality chair bed which unfolds to create a single bed.
This three bedroom property is within two minutes of the beach in a quiet, very well regarded lane and is close to all the shops and amenities of Church Road and Western Road. It has free parking in the lane which is a fantastic bonus. This is shared with other residents and consideration is needed when parking your car, however. There is also a small enclosed little garden at the back with a wooden play house that small children will adore! In true Brighton style the owners have also left a kayak for your use, but this is obviously at your own risk.
This is an open plan area with parquet flooring and offers a great family space. The dining table comfortably seats six. There is an LCD tv with freeview, dvd player, Broadband, an i-pod dock, a phone for incoming calls and for the musical among you.. a piano! There is a pretty fireplace for decorative purposes, adding character to the room. The kitchen has everything you need to self cater and has a dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine and microwave. Patio doors lead out to the very small pretty garden where little ones can play while you sit and enjoy a well earned break.
The First Floor
There are three bedrooms. There is a built in stair gate at the top of the stairs; practical if you have children.
The master bedroom is a pretty room at the back of the property and has a king size bed, built in wardrobes and a feature fireplace, (please note this fireplace is for decorative purposes only.) There is enough room for a travel cot in here; please ask if you require one. ( We can also supply high chairs.)
The front bedroom can be a twin room or a double room as it has high quality zip and link beds. It has it’s own little ensuite loo and a vanity unit in the corner; making it very practical.
The third bedroom at the back of the house is a small single room and has a single futon style bed.
The bathroom is a contemporary room decorated with pretty mosaic tiles. It has a p-shaped bath with a shower over it and another WC.
There is an additional spiral staircase that has been blocked off. This leads to a locked storage attic.
- White bed linen and towels are provided and included in the price.
- If you require a travel cot/ high chair please ask. Please note we do not provide bed linen for travel cots.
- All utility costs are included.
- There is Broadband and a telephone for incoming calls.
- Parking is free outside the cottage in the residents’ lane. It is not a specifically marked out, allocated space; we are not responsible if a space is not available. Consideration needs to be shown to other residents when parking there so that their cars can fit in too. You may only park one car there. Please note it is a narrow lane; the owners had a people carrier which they were able to park there but if you have a very large car or find parking in tight spaces difficult it may not be suitable. We are sorry but Brighton Holiday Homes cannot be held responsible if you are unable to park outside the house for whatever reason or for any other parking related problems. There is metered parking in neighbouring roads and on the seafront.
We had a successful visit to brighton for the TUC Conference last week and Alice Cottage was delightful! So much so, we don’t think we’ll ever book in a hotel again! It was a real home from home!Sammi, 17 September 2012
|Per week||from £595||to £795|