What’s on in Brighton in September
If you haven’t yet marvelled at the wonders of watching one of your favourite movies on Brighton seafront, then this is your last chance. The summer isn’t quite yet over and September brings a wide ranging variety of events throughout the city to keep you busy. From the hottest food to the best of all things digital, there’s loads to do.
Brighton Digital Festival 1st to 27th September
Brighton is also known for its digital businesses and the Brighton Digital Festival mixes the city’s arts with the digital sector, to produce a range of events, exhibitions, performance and activities that inspire.
Brighton Makers Faire, Brighton Dome – 4th September
The Brighton Makers Faire is not your box standard arts and crafts faire, in fact far from it. With over 7,000 visitors embracing the do-it-yourself spirit, trying the ‘hands on’ stalls and making sessions which are suitable for all ages. From arts and crafts, to engineering, technology, DIY, and from the normal to the bizarre the faire is literally full of wonders.
Brighton Speed Trials, Madeira Drive - 4th September
First held in 1905, Brighton Speed Trials is Britain’s oldest motoring event. For one day, a quarter of a mile of Brighton’s iconic seafront is turned into a speed track for cars and motorbikes of all kinds and all ages. The vehicles are all on display, so if you’re a petrol head then this free event will be right up your street.
VeloCity Brighton, Madeira Drive – 11th September
From petrol power to peddle power, VeloCity is Brighton’s first free cycle festival. Situated on Madeira Drive this two day, free festival will celebrate all things pedal powered. A mix of races and exhibitors showcasing the latest cycling technology. Fun for all the family, it’s not all about the modern bikes, there will be Penny Farthings, unicycles and more.
Ace Cafe Reunion, Marine Parade – 12th September
August Bank Holiday weekend saw the MODs along Marine Parade, now it’s the turn of the Rockers. Since 1996 this biker day has seen riders from all over the south come together for a grand day out. With stands, stunt displays, music and special guests, it’s the perfect way to spend some time by the beach.
Fiery Food Festival 2016, Victoria Gardens - 18th to 19th September
Feel the burn with the UK’s hottest festival! A celebration of all things hot, hot, hot. The Fiery Foods Chilli Festival is set to be better than ever with new exhibitors, great music, stalls, tastings, cookery demos and of course the Chilli-Eating Contest. Get the milk ready!
Apple Day, Stanmer Park – 27th September
Keep the doctor away, with a visit to the annual Apple Day in the beautiful Stanmer Park. With Apples as the star attraction, this family fun day features an array of apple themed events and attractions from cookery lessons, children’s activities and orchard tours through to tasting, drinking and enjoying.
Want to discover more of what Brighton has to offer? Checkout our blog for some excellent ideas of things to do in Brighton
- Where’s The Best fish and chips in Brighton?
- Unusual Brighton Tours - See The Hidden Truth
- Autumn in Brighton
- Romantic Things To Do In Brighton
- Visiting Brighton in June - What’s on
- Spring in to April - Things To Do In Brighton
- Things To Do In Brighton during August
- What’s on in Brighton in September
- Brighton & Hove Parks and Gardens
- Ten Green Bottles Brighton : Wine Tasting
- How to start your own holiday let
- 6 Fine Dining Experiences In Brighton
- The 5 Best ‘Quirky’ Places for Afternoon Tea in Brighton
- Why is Self Catering the best option in Brighton
- Five Interesting Trips Close To Brighton
- Brighton’s Best Annual Festivals
- 10 Activities In Brighton For The More Adventurous
- What’s on in Brighton during July
- Things To Do In Brighton During March
- Things to do in Brighton During October