What’s on in Brighton during July
With July knocking on the door, you can almost feel the sun finally burning its way through the clouds. Let’s hope it’s here for the duration. With movies on the beach, festivals, mermaids and water sports competitions, Brighton certainly has a very full calendar of events for July!
Brighton’s Big Screen, Madeira Drive: until 10th July
Brighton Big Screen continues through the first part of July with a calendar of film and sport, all shown on a massive 40 metre screen on Brighton seafront. Watch your favourite movie, action from Euro 2016 and Wimbledon men’s final while enjoying a drink from the licensed bar or grabbing a bite from the many pop-up restaurants which are on site.
Paddle Round The Pier, Hove Lawns, 4th & 5th July
Featuring the very best in water, street and urban sports, Paddle Round The Pier is the world’s biggest free water sports festival. This annual charity event is a real crowd pleaser with so much fun to be had for the whole family. With have-a-go opportunities, competitions, live music, children’s entertainment, amazing demonstrations, watery fun and much more. That’s not forgetting ‘The Paddle’ itself where entrants race pier to pier in whatever paddle powered watercraft they can find (often homemade). Many entrants take to the water and don’t make it much further, while the serious contenders race. There are also many other water based and land based competitions throughout the two days. http://www.paddleroundthepier.com
Beer and Music Festival, Stanmer House, 5th to 7th July
It’s hard to say what will be the star of the show, whether it’s the 30 different beers, the stunning Stanmer Park setting, the 6 ciders, or the live bands…. but London Pride & Prejudice Beer and Music Festival is sure to be a hit. With the backdrop of Stanmer House, this free event is the perfect way to spend a summer evening. As well as a fabulous selection of ales and live acts, there will be great food and lashings of Pimms – summer’s here!
Kite Festival Stanmer Park 9th & 10th July
The skies above Stanmer Park will be adorned with different shapes and colours as one of the oldest kite festivals takes flight. With some amazing displays by world class kite fliers, children’s kite making workshops and more, this free event is sure to be a great family day out.
Kipling Festival, Rottingdean, 10th June to 22nd July
Rottingdean’s most famous villager is celebrated with a multi-generational week of events. Come celebrate the life and work of Rudyard Kipling with a series of live theatre events, games, costumes, talks and much more. www.kiplingfestivalrottingdean.co.uk
March of the Mermaids, Hove Lawns, July 23rd
Brighton’s seafront is sure to be awash with Mermaids and Mermen as they walk (can they walk?) from Hove Lawns to Marine Parade in aid of charity. There are prizes for best costume, a Miss Brighton Mermaid competition and even a prize for King Prawn. The march is in aid of The Marine Conservation Society and this fund-raiser is sure to be fin-tastic!
Want to discover more of what Brighton has to offer? Checkout our blog for some excellent ideas of things to do in Brighton
- Things to do in Brighton During October
- Best Places in Brighton For Lunch Under £10
- Spring in to April - Things To Do In Brighton
- Experience Brighton On A Walk To The Beach
- Autumn in Brighton
- Mix your Spirits In Brighton’s Most Haunted Pubs
- Autumnal Shopping in Brighton
- Romantic Things To Do In Brighton
- The 5 Best ‘Quirky’ Places for Afternoon Tea in Brighton
- 6 Fine Dining Experiences In Brighton
- 50 Things To Do In Brighton & Hove
- 10 Best Places For Breakfast In Brighton & Hove
- May You Have Lots To Do In Brighton - Part 2
- Brighton’s Burger Revolution - The Best Burgers In Brighton
- Brighton - The First, Oldest and Tallest
- Free Things To Do In Brighton - Fun & Easy On The Pocket
- Things To Do In Brighton This November
- Ten Green Bottles Brighton : Wine Tasting
- Things To Do In Brighton during August
- Visiting Brighton in June - What’s on