Visiting Brighton in June - What’s on
Amongst the visitors to Brighton, it seems that the sun has also decided to make a welcome appearance in June. While most of the visitors to the city will be joining the sun on the busy seafront there are a range of interesting activates and events throughout Brighton.
Great Skinhead Reunion 2016, The Volks Bar, 3rd - 5th June
The biggest gathering of Skinheads return to the birth place of the culture for a weekend long celebration. Now in its 5th year, Madeira Drive, The Volks Bar in particular will be transported back to the 1960’s when it all began. This weekend long event will be full of Northern Soul, Fred Perry shirts and entertainment.
Brighton Bed Centre Classic Car Show, Hove Park - 5th June
Pack a picnic and head to Hove Park for an entertaining motoring day out. Run by Brighton & Hove Motoring Club, who have been running the world-famous Brighton Speed Trials since 1905 bring the show for the first time to Hove Park. Featuring cars of all types from Classic and American to Super Cars and Kit Cars, this free event is sure to have something for every car enthusiast.
Art Deco Fair, Brighton Thistle Hotel - Sunday 5th June
The Brighton & Hove Art Deco Fair offers you the chance to browse and buy a collection of original vintage goods from the 1920’s to 1970’s. With a wide range of stall holders selling everything vintage from jewelry and clothing, through to furniture and much more! If vintage is your thing then this is the event to come to.
Brighton’s Big Screen, Madeira Drive: 10th June to 10th July
This year’s Brighton Big Screen sees a massive 40 metre screen, showcasing a massive line-up of movies from blockbusters to the classics including the latest Star Wars, Hunger Games and Greace. A jam packed calendar of sport, including all the action from Euro 2016 and Wimbledon’s mens final. Set on Brighton beach, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy with a drink from the licensed bar or grab a bite from the many pop-up restuarants which are on site, or bring a picnic and enjoy a viewing experience like no other. For listings checkout http://www.brightonsbigscreen.com
Brighton Naked Bike Ride, Brighton & Hove - Sunday 12th June
No, your eyes were not deceiving you and although you might have had one too many last night this isn’t an effect of a hangover! Held as part of the World Naked Bike Ride, 100’s of brave and daring cyclists of Brighton & Hove saddle up – without the clothes as part of a protest against the car culture. The nine mile ride starts at Preston Park and travels through Brighton ending at Brighton’s naturist beach. The nudity is both a celebration of the body and also to demonstrate how venerable cyclists are.
Bark in the Park, Queen’s Park - 12th June
Every dog has it’s day and Bark in the Park is a family day out that very much includes the four legged members. Featuring a dog show hosted by Annabel Giles, doggy related stalls where you can pick up some little treats, as well as food and beers stalls where you can treat yourself.
Want to discover more of what Brighton has to offer? Checkout our blog for some excellent ideas of things to do in Brighton
- May You Have Lots To Do In Brighton - Part 2
- Things To Do In Brighton This November
- Unusual Brighton Tours - See The Hidden Truth
- What Quirky Things Can You Do in Brighton?
- Where’s The Best fish and chips in Brighton?
- 50 Things To Do In Brighton & Hove
- Experience Brighton On A Walk To The Beach
- How to start your own holiday let
- 10 Activities In Brighton For The More Adventurous
- Romantic Things To Do In Brighton
- May You Have Lots To Do In Brighton - Part 1
- Mix your Spirits In Brighton’s Most Haunted Pubs
- Best Places in Brighton For Lunch Under £10
- Free Things To Do In Brighton - Fun & Easy On The Pocket
- Visiting Brighton in June - What’s on
- What’s on in Brighton during July
- Brighton’s Best Annual Festivals
- Vegetarian Dining With Restaurants In Brighton
- Around The World of Brighton In 30 Eats
- Things To Do In Brighton during August