Summer Fun 2017
With everyone feeling the pinch a bit more these days it makes perfect sense to have a staycation. What better place than Brighton? There’s tonnes of free stuff to enjoy and it really is the place where people make things happen. Together with this you have glorious countryside on your doorstep, amazing parks for picnics and fun and the beach. Add to this a bit of old fashioned seaside nostalgia with candy floss, Brighton Rock and ice-cream and you have the recipe for the perfect fun staycation with family and friends.
Summer is the time when memories are made. Family days out, fun and laughs with friends. Head on down to Brighton this summer for a break with those you love and enjoy yourselves. Whether it’s having a drink and listening to some bands playing on the sea front or paddling in the sea…the list of things to enjoy is endless. You can be sure of a warm welcome in Brighton and if you’re looking for somewhere to make happy memories you’ll be sure to find it here.
Here’s just a bit of what’s going on.
Paddle Round the Pier July 1st & 2nd
A HUGE free festival with events on the water, a display of activities on land, plus live music and a dedicated kids area. Check out the link to see everything that’s going on at this fabulous festival for all the family.
Brighton Marina Big Screen and Pop Up Park 3rd July-16th
Brighton Marina is a great place to visit with lots of restaurants overlooking the boats. This summer there will be a big screen in the square to watch Wimbledon and also various film showings. There’s also a kids’ club in the mornings. Don’t forget to get the 2017 Brighton Marina Goldcard App which gives you exclusive money saving offers on the Marina.
Summer Kids Festival 1st July- 17th September
Just outside central Brighton is beautiful Stanmer Park. Lots of activities on offer there which won’t break the bank and all the proceeds go to Chestnut Tree House children’s hospice. Learn circus skills, do a treasure hunt, yoga, storytelling, bushcraft skills. Too many things going on to mention so check out the link!
Soapbox Science 29th July
It’s totally free and there will be demonstrations, talks, discussions, debates and Science at the seaside. Taking place just near to the i360. http://soapboxscience.org/soapbox-science-2017-brighton/
Brighton Pride 2017 4th-6th August
One of the best Pride events in the world according to Lonely Planet and The Independent and we certainly agree. This year the Pet Shop Boys are headlining the Pride Summer of Love Festival. Come down and be part of it and feel the love! We’re so proud of our Pride!
- The Ultimate Family Day Out In Brighton
- Things To Do In Brighton With Kids
- What’s on in Brighton in September
- Things To Do In Brighton During March
- Brighton - The First, Oldest and Tallest
- 10 Activities In Brighton For The More Adventurous
- Why is Self Catering the best option in Brighton
- Around The World of Brighton In 30 Eats
- Five Interesting Trips Close To Brighton
- Spring in to April - Things To Do In Brighton
- Things To Do In Brighton This November
- Things To Do In Brighton When It’s Raining
- 10 Best Places For Breakfast In Brighton & Hove
- Things To Do In Brighton during August
- Mix your Spirits In Brighton’s Most Haunted Pubs
- Vegetarian Dining With Restaurants In Brighton
- The 5 Best ‘Quirky’ Places for Afternoon Tea in Brighton
- Brighton’s Best Annual Festivals
- What Quirky Things Can You Do in Brighton?
- Autumnal Shopping in Brighton