Autumnal Shopping in Brighton
Let’s face facts. There isn’t going to be an Indian summer. It’s time to put away the flip flops and start thinking about boots, coats and woolly jumpers. Autumn is here. The question is, where to shop for those new goodies? No one wants to look like a clone and buy their winter clothes from all the big chain stores. Brighton is fab for finding something different, something original or vintage, or something that everyone else isn’t going to be wearing.
It’s been a great summer, but I’m actually looking forward to putting away those shorts and t-shirts, getting my thick tights out and wrapping up all cosy. We all have some old faithful winter clothes in our wardrobe, but everyone needs a few new things to cheer themselves up and revamp their winter style as the nights draw in. A new coat to see you through the cold months or some new boots, one or two new cardigans, or just a great new scarf…it doesn’t have to take a lot of money to create your new season look.
The North Laines is the place to go and here are a few shops to have a look at to find those new Autumn/Winter items that’ll warm the cockles of your heart.
Badger Clothing:25-26 Bond Street, Brighton
Great shop, can be pricey because it’s designer stuff like Fred Perry and G-Star, but if you want to splash out on one or two things that will see you through then it’s a perfect place to start. They also have some great boots on sale at the moment. You can’t go wrong with a good pair of Chelsea boots and this is the place to find some great ones by Frye. Or treat yourself to a gorgeous scarf by Becksondergaard.
Jaba Yard: 18 Bond Street, Brighton
Unique clothes using natural fabrics from independent suppliers around the world. Great for winter cardigans, skirts and dresses to wear with thick tights plus alternative coats and jackets to the usual high street fayre.
Ju Ju: 24 Gloucester Road, Brighton
Current fashion trends, affordable and stuff from independent designers. Ju Ju had a big old revamp in 2007 with Mary Portas and are now continuing to go from strength to strength. Grab yourself a funky jumper or cardigan or a new handbag to brighten your style.
Get Cutie: 33 Kensington Gardens
Using beautiful and alternative style prints, this is the place to go for a great skirt or dress to wear with boots and a chunky cardigan. They also have some great elasticated belts to wear with jumper dresses. Perfect for making a statement as well as looking pretty too!
Yoma: 39 Gardner Street
Great for ballet pumps, shoes and clothes. Trend-led clothes and accessories at affordable prices. Especially good if you want something new to wear for a night out. Worth taking a look!
To Be Worn Again: 12 Kensington Gardens & 24 Sydney Street
The biggest vintage and second hand clothing store in Brighton, this is possibly the most perfect place to try and find a new winter jacket and some retro knitwear. Excellent fun to browse and find something no one else will be wearing!
There are of course loads more shops in the North Laines selling clothes, I’ve just picked out a few. Some are more high end and have some unusual designer pieces, but even in these shops you can sometimes pick up a bargain or treat yourself to a less expensive accessory. The Laines are worth a day browsing and with all the cafes and coffee shops too, you will be spoilt for choice where to eat and rest your weary feet.
- Free Things To Do In Brighton - Fun & Easy On The Pocket
- Why is Self Catering the best option in Brighton
- What Quirky Things Can You Do in Brighton?
- Things To Do In Brighton During March
- Vegetarian Dining With Restaurants In Brighton
- 10 Activities In Brighton For The More Adventurous
- Brighton & Hove Parks and Gardens
- May You Have Lots To Do In Brighton - Part 1
- Romantic Things To Do In Brighton
- Things To Do In Brighton during August
- Spring in to April - Things To Do In Brighton
- Things To Do In Brighton When It’s Raining
- Brighton’s Best Annual Festivals
- Around The World of Brighton In 30 Eats
- Things to do in Brighton During October
- Brighton’s Burger Revolution - The Best Burgers In Brighton
- 6 Fine Dining Experiences In Brighton
- How to start your own holiday let
- The 5 Best ‘Quirky’ Places for Afternoon Tea in Brighton
- Things To Do In Brighton in December